Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How did you celebrate with the father's in your life?

Hi everyone.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  This weekend was a special one.  Fathers Day! We celebrated it with one of the best dads I know- my husband Chris.  We took my husband out shopping and then to the Macaroni Grill for lunch.  Of course I baked him a cake.  It was a carrot cake.  It was a different recipe then I normally use, it had raisins and crushed pineapple in it. It was absolutely delicious and I made cream cheese icing to top it off.  You know what i used to decorate it...my Cricut cake machine! I used the Simply Charmed shirt and tie design because it was so cute!  I also used the writing from the Father's Day cartridge.  I made some fondant buttons to put all around the edges with a Wilton silicone fondant mold that I bought from Michael's Crafts this week with my 40 percent off coupon, so it only cost me about 5.99.  They came out so cute and it was very easy.  The fondant was really easy to work with and roll out because of the heat.  I even mixed some of the colors my self.  I have a new way of doing things when I make my fondant designs.  I put out a piece of waxed paper and place each layer that I cut out on it until I have everything I need cut out.  Then next I assemble it this way if something breaks i can remake that layer.  Also i have my little trick of putting the more intricate designs in the freezer for a minute or two before removing them from the mat and I have my extra thin spatula that also helps.  Hope you like my cake, I know my husband did.  Have a great week and don't forget that my drawing for the Disney Classics Cricut cartridge ends in 9 days so if this is your first time visiting my blog all you have to do to enter is follow my blog and post any kind of comment.  Thanks, so until next time...or next cake- Bye!!



No comments:

Post a Comment