Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fourth of July Cakes were Fondarific!

Well I only have pictures of two of the cakes that I made but i actually made three cakes plus cupcakes for my husbands work.  All came out great!  The two cakes that I can show you both were made with basic shapes for the circles and stars from the Georges Basic Shapes cartridge.  I tried some new fondant this time called fondarific.  I got antique white and it was vanilla flavored.  It was SOOO much better then Wilton fondant.  It stayed softer and wasn't as chewy, plus it tasted like vanilla taffy.  It was really good. The one cake was a vanilla white cake that I added some red food coloring to and made it red and white swirls and it had whipped cream icing under the fondant. The other cake was a carrot cake with cream cheese icing under the fondant.  The fondarific fondant came in a 2 lb tub and was about 12 dollars.  I used it for almost three cakes so it was well worth it.  The only slight problem was that it was a little soft so my tiny stars wanted to be blobs instead of stars-lol.  Anyway I hope you all had a great Fourth of July and celebrated this wonderful country we live in, because I sure did. Oh also I got the new Cricut Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge and i plan to make a few this week with my Expression 2 so I plan on posting them.  Looks like a cute cartridge right?  and I bought it for 24.99 too!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love how your cakes turned out!!! I will have to look for the fonarific. I haven't gotten my Cricut Cake out of the box yet. Definitley will be looking for this brand.

    ReplyDelete