Friday, July 22, 2011

Who Live on a Pineapple Cake in the Fridge? - Spongebob Square Pants!

My kids adore spongebob so I figured it was about time to put him on one of my cakes.  This cake was sooo incredibly hard. It was so hot and humid here that the fondant was melting.  First I made a pineapple cake with butter cream icing.  I used teal Fondarrific butter cream flavored fondant too.  It was really good, but not as good as the vanilla flavor.  Also this time I decided to try something different and I think I had a breakthrough!  I planned to use the Wilton sugar sheets for the black background and I figured out a way to do it with ease.  All you need to do is to take the sugar sheets and leave them on the plastic they come on and put that on a regular sticky cricut expression mat!  It worked so well.  I am going to get a bunch of the sugar sheets for my next cake and try to do the entire design that way.  They are a little like a very thin fruit roll up when you take them out of the package but they do sort of melt into the icing that you put them on eventually and you don't notice the texture.  Also best of all they are tasteless!  So I cant wait to try them again, but it is way to hot here so it may be in a few days.  Keep cool!


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm a new follower, and new CC owner! I can't wait to see what else you have in store.

    ReplyDelete