Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers day!

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great Mother's Day? Did anyone go out for a nice dinner or have one cooked for you? Well I didn't-lol.  I cooked as I usually do and I made a cake too.  It was a Lemon cake with classic lemon curd filling, and lemon icing. Yum, its still in the fridge and i had a slice for breakfast with some coffee.  I decorated it with fondant using the Cricut Cartridge Simply Charmed.  This cartridge is adorable.  There is something for almost every holiday and they all look so cute and cheerful.  I loved decorating this cake.  It was alot easier except for the fact that one of my fondants were sort of hard so I put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds and it surely made it soft and extremely hot to touch-ouch!  It was definitely a learning experience :) Anyway I had a very light pink fondant so for the next color I mixed a little bit of red fondant with it and made a darker pink.  Also as I cut each layer I put them on parchment paper to put together when I was all finished.  I love this cartridge and this design only used 3 different colors of fondant so I made it really quick.  I made each heart at 3 1/4 inches and the phrase at 4 inches.  This cartridge has many phrases, the one I chose-  Happy mothers day isn't what came on the page with the hearts but I liked them all together better.  Also the phrase was alot easier to get off the mat because it is chunkier font. You have to check out this cartridge if you don't have it because it will make some great seasonal cakes. 

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute cake! I really like the heart faces! I found you through the pop up section on the cricut message board. I have done several of the pop ups and show them on my blog if you are interested! Happy cricuting....

    ReplyDelete